We are Praxa Sense, a young medtech start-up that works on the development of an innovative, data-driven device that enables long-term monitoring of multiple health parameters (e.g. blood rate, skin temperature, blood saturation, movement). We enable data collection over the long term, helping the medical professional to diagnose earlier and better monitor treatment.
Our goal is to improve medical processes by making products that perfectly combine technical possibilities with a flawless user experience. The product itself already is at an advanced stage, so the next challenge is to further explore the needs of the various stakeholders and shape our service-concept.
To offer the best medical care that fits to the needs of both the patient and the involved healthcare professionals, we are looking for a strategic product designer that wants to do research on the processes within the hospital. The eventual goal is to create a service model that keeps the patient motivated to use a monitoring device over a longer period of time and to simultaneously meet the healthcare professional’s needs. The focus will be on the healthcare professional in this process, with an additional research on the patient’s needs (approximately 1-2 weeks). After researching the patient’s/healthcare professionals’ needs and mapping their journey, you identify the most important points of attention and will design a service according to these findings. The steps of the assignment will look approximately as follows:
Understand & define
- A market analysis to understand the market in which we’re operating: What are the current trends and active companies in heart rhythm monitoring? How can Praxa Sense be distinctive compared to the competition?
- What are the most important needs of the patient?
- What are the needs of the healthcare professional, and what does his/her working journey look like?
- Who is involved in the purchasing decision-making process?
- Summarize your insights using a journey map and identify the most crucial moments.
Ideate, prototype, test
- Define a service-scenario that fit both needs of the patient and healthcare professional using a service blueprint.
- Do some basic prototyping to be able to test the scenarios as a service.
- Test the scenarios with the target group (in the hospital).
- Present your service model with recommendations.
What we offer
- Internship compensation.
- A responsible position with a lot of freedom.
- The possibility to have the ownership of the creation of a service that will be used in the real world.
- Working at your own desk in an inspirational environment in one of Europe’s biggest technology incubators (YES!Delft).
- Depending on the corona measures: team activities and a regular vrijmibo.
- A fun team that will guide you in your development.
What we ask
- Knowledge/interest in interviewing techniques (e.g. MOM-testing etc.)
- Experience with mapping customer journeys and creating service blueprints.
- Able to work with the Adobe package (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- You can take on a lot of responsibility for your own work but at the same time are able to work well in a team. You like to discuss and think with us about complex matters.
- High level of English and Dutch.
- An ambitious mindset and interested in the flexible world of a startup.
If you are interested, please send an e-mail with your motivation and resume to: email@example.com