We are Praxa Sense, a young medtech start-up working on the development of an innovative, data-driven device that enables long-term monitoring of multiple health parameters (e.g. blood rate, skin temperature, blood saturation, movement). We enable data collection over the long term, helping the medical professional to diagnose earlier and better monitor treatment.
Our goal is to improve healthcare by making products that perfectly combine technical possibilities with a flawless user experience. Since we are in the development-phase of our products and services, there are a lot of challenges on the design aspects.
Our product, Afi, is still in its development phase. This means that there are challenges on the product-design side which need prototyping to find good solutions. This means for example CAD-modelling of an improved housing to find a way to make it as small as possible but still waterproof. The product also needs to be validated on its user interaction. It contains LED-lights, but do the patients understand what these lights indicate? These are challenges you will pick up. We expect the internship to be partly about prototyping (CAD modelling, 3D printing, lasercutting) and partly optimizing the product on its user experience. An opportunity to broaden your design skills in multiple skills!
What we offer
- Internship compensation €.
- A team with 4 designers that are eager to help you to improve your skills.
- A responsible position with a lot of freedom.
- Working in an inspirational environment in one of Europe’s biggest technology incubators (YES!Delft).
- Depending on the corona measures: team activities to get to know each other.
- The possibility to have the ownership of the development of a product that will be used in the real world.
What we ask
- Knowledge of CAD modelling software (Solidworks or similar).
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud package (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- You are currently doing a HBO or WO study (3rd year or above) in a design related field.
- Not shy to ask people for help or eager to improve this skill.
- You can take on a lot of responsibility for your own work but at the same time are able to work well in a team.
- Knowledge/interest in prototyping techniques like 3D printing and laser cutting.
- An ambitious mindset and interested in the flexible world of a startup.
- A big plus when you are good with a camera and/or render software.
If you are interested, please send an e-mail with your motivation, resume and (link to) portfolio to: email@example.com