We are Praxa Sense, a young medtech start-up working on the development of an innovative, data-driven device that enables healthcare professionals to monitor their patients at home. We enable data collection over the long term, helping the medical professional to diagnose diseases earlier and better monitor treatment. Our goal is to improve the medical processes by making products that perfectly combine hardware, software and user experience. With algorithms, we automatically classify the data that is collected with our device, Afi.
Our product, Afi, is still in its development phase. That also accounts for the algorithms that we develop. We are researching if the Afi signal is good enough to feed the ECG-derived respiration (EDR) algorithm that has been developed. It also needs to be researched if the existing algorithm is sufficient for clinical use or needs to be altered for accuracy. Respiration rate is one of the vital parameters that can help Afi to be used in practice for post–operative monitoring, in clinics and even at home.
What we offer
- Internship compensation.
- A team of software engineers and clinical technologists to aid you in the process.
- The possibility to have the ownership of the development of a product that will be used in the real world.
- Working at your own desk in an inspirational environment in one of Europe’s biggest technology incubators (YES!Delft).
- Team activities and a regular vrijmibo.
- Opportunity to be hired after your internship.
What we ask
- You are studying (or finished) in a field of medical or clinical technology.
- You have a basic knowledge of ECG-signals.
- Not shy to ask people for help or eager to improve your skills.
- You can take on a lot of responsibility for your own work but at the same time are able to work well in a team. You like to discuss and think with us about complex matters.
- An ambitious mindset and interested in the flexible world of a startup.
If you are interested, please send an e-mail with your motivation and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org