We are Praxa Sense, a young medtech start-up working on the development of an innovative, data-driven device that enables patients to monitor their vital signs at home. We enable data collection over the long term, helping the general practitioner to diagnose diseases earlier. Our goal is to improve the medical processes by making products that perfectly combine hardware, software and user experience. At this moment we are on the lookout for someone who can take care of the user experience-side of the product. A challenging and responsible vacancy with a lot of freedom and learning-possibilities!
Currently, Praxa Sense is looking for a computer science student who is interested in an opportunity to improve and further develop a machine learning algorithm to detect the most common heart rhythm disease called Atrial Fibrillation (AF). The existing model is based on Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) technique. Public dataset of arrhythmia patients has been used to train and test the model. Your challenge will be to optimize the data preparation such as noise detection and correction and ECG-lead conversion to improve the model in detecting AF.
AF is the most common cardiac arrhythmia, affecting around 3% of adults and 10% of those aged above 75 years. Heart rhythm diseases are hard to recognize due to the nature of the symptoms. Current tools used in the medical field are not suited in early diagnosis because of the short measuring times and inefficient algorithms. We will bridge this gap by enabling early diagnosis with a long-term user-friendly device. By detecting heart rhythm diseases early, serious consequences, like strokes, can be prevented.
What we offer
- A young and professional and yet down-to-earth team with different expertises
- Lots of freedom to implement your ideas
- Opportunity to be hired after study
- Internship compensation €300,- per month
- Free lunch every working day and free beers on Friday!
What we ask
- Bachelor / master student in computer science or related fields
- A proactive team player with good communication skills
- Basic understanding of programming in Python and machine learning models like (convolutional) neural networks
Interested and want to know more? Contact email@example.com