INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY (1st of February 2021 - 1st of April 2021)
Praxa Sense, a medical start-up company, is looking for a student who is interested to work on a newly developed sensor prototype which derives human heart-rate directly from the skin surface. The sensor prototype consists of laser diodes and a camera and functions comparably to photoplethysmography (PPG) technology which is mainly used in the smartwatches to measure heart rate. The student will be tasked to use Raspberry pi to communicate with the laser sensor prototype and analyze the sensor data using Python or MATLAB.
In PPG technology a LED and a photodiode are used to measure changes in blood volume. These volume changes are the direct result of the heartbeat and the saturation level of the patient. Through these changes the heart rate of the patient can be measured. In our newly designed laser sensor, coherent laser light scatters from the patients skin and is detected by a camera (detector) in the form of speckle patterns. By analyzing the speckle patterns the heart rate of the patient can be measured. The switch from LED to laser diode as a light source, is grounded in the removal of motion artifacts usually plaguing PPG measurements thus improving the accuracy of heart-rate measurements. The approach is both novel and supported by research from the TU Delft.
We are looking for a:
- Bachelor/Master student in computer science, electrical engineering or a comparable field with an interest in- and affinity with Raspberry Pi (Linux) and Python. An interest in biophysics and healthcare is also recommended.
- Team worker who is strong and proactive in communication and wants to learn and exercise his/her knowledge in practice.
- The student should have a basic understanding of programming in Python/MATLAB and Linux.
Praxa Sense is a medical tech start-up company located in the inspiring environment of YES!Delft and currently working on developing Afi: An unobtrusive long-term monitoring device that will enable the early detection of Arrhythmia’s and thus aid in the battle against preventable heart-disease casualties.
- A young and professional and yet down-to-earth team
- Lots of freedom to implement your ideas
- Opportunity to be hired after study
- Internship compensation €350 per month
Interested and want to know more? Contact email@example.com