Who are we
We are Praxa Sense, a MedTech start-up based in YES!Delft. We are developing an innovative device that will allow patients to monitor their vital parameters at home and help doctors diagnose effectively. Our goal is to improve medical processes by creating products that perfectly combine hardware, software and user experience.
The photonics engineer is tasked with pushing the development and design of Praxa Sense’s novel health sensor. This development entails a lot of multi-disciplinary topics, hence a strong eagerness and enthusiasm towards the design process and employed techniques is a must.
Relevant duties and responsibilities:
- Technical integration of (in-lab) prototype to commercial MVP (in-vivo);
- Representing knowledge base of project;
- Writing and executing research plans+ interpreting outcome (according to the scientific iterative model);
- Assist R&D activities of the project in clinical pilots/trial.
The photonics engineer will report to the CTO of Praxa Sense and the sensor engineer that is project manager of the project, who will both be present during crucial steps of development.
What we offer
- Full-time employment with a good salary.
- A responsible position in which you get a lot of freedom to carry out your work the way you think is best.
- Working in one of Europe’s largest technology incubators (YES!Delft).
- The opportunity to let your duties/responsibilities (and salary) grow with the company.
- A young, ambitious, fun team and regular activities outside work.
What we ask
- Can demonstrate a University diploma in Physics, Optics or relating field
- Basic knowledge of electrical engineering
- Experience in building & designing optical (in-lab) test systems and or working with optical (imaging) sensors
- Strong affinity with python or similar programming language is required (200+ hours)
- Able to formalise and communicate findings in a clear and direct manner (both written and verbal)
If you are interested please send your possible questions, your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com