We are Praxa Sense, a young medtech start-up working on the development of an innovative, data-driven device that enables patients to monitor their vital signs at home. We enable data collection over the long term, helping the medical professional to diagnose diseases earlier. Our goal is to improve the medical processes by making products that perfectly combine hardware, software and user experience. We are also developing our own sensor in-house which could optimize some of the existing hardware out there. For this project, we are looking for an intern who likes a technical challenge.
We are looking for a student who is interested to work on a newly developed sensor prototype which derives human heart-rate directly from the skin surface. The sensor prototype functions comparably to photoplethysmography (PPG) technology, which is mainly used in smartwatches to measure heart rate. The student will be tasked research and optimize the prototype and analyze the sensor data using Python or MATLAB.
In PPG technology a LED and a photodiode are used to measure changes in blood volume. These volume changes are the direct result of the heartbeat and the saturation level of the patient. Through these changes the heart rate of the patient can be measured. In our newly designed sensor, we optimize this process by replacing some of the hardware which enables the removal of motion artifacts usually plaguing PPG measurements thus improving the accuracy of heart-rate measurements. The approach is both novel and supported by research from the TU Delft.
What we offer
- A young and professional yet fun team
- Lots of freedom to implement your ideas
- Opportunity to be hired after the internship or after your study
- Internship compensation €350 per month
What we ask
- Bachelor/Master student in computer science, electrical engineering or a comparable field with an interest in- and affinity with Linux and Python.
- An interest in biophysics and healthcare is recommended.
- Proactive team player with good communication skills
- The student should have a basic understanding of programming in Python/MATLAB and Linux.
Interested and want to know more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org