Who we are
We are Praxa Sense, a young medtech start-up working on the development of an innovative, data-driven device that enables healthcare professionals to monitor their patients at home. We enable data collection over the long term, helping the medical professional to diagnose diseases earlier and better monitor treatment. Our goal is to improve the medical processes by making products that perfectly combine hardware, software and user experience. With algorithms, we automatically classify the data that is collected with our device, Afi.
What you are going to do
The firmware for the device that we are creating, Afi, is developed by one of our suppliers and is open for us to extend upon. For every modification that we make the question arises if this will not impact the CPU, memory, and battery performance too much.
Therefore, we are looking for a way to profile these metrics during development. And after that, predict via a calculation model what the expected impact will be; even before we have implemented it. Profiling these metrics and calculating the impact of adjustions will be your main project.
What we offer
- Internship compensation.
- A team of software engineers and clinical technologists to aid you in the process.
- The possibility to have the ownership of the development of a product that will be used in the real world.
- Working at your own desk in an inspirational environment in one of Europe’s biggest technology incubators (YES!Delft).
- Team activities and a regular vrijmibo.
- Opportunity to be hired after your internship.
What we ask
- You are studying in the field of embedded software engineering or similar, or have previous work experience in a comparing field.
- Experience in debugging and profiling embedded devices.
- Not shy to ask people for help or eager to improve your skills.
- You can take on a lot of responsibility for your own work but at the same time are able to work well in a team. You like to discuss and think with us about complex matters.
- An ambitious mindset and interested in the flexible world of a startup.
If you are interested or have additional questions, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com